I think this is my 3rd engine on a 6.4 now......

Rate this topic

burned up 6.4 anyone. thought this valve was worthy of a picture. taken from my phone so not the best.

Posted ImagePosted Image

nice piston to go with...

Posted Image

only 15kmiles. APS boom truck that was "just driving down the road and blew lots of smoke and stalled. will not crank"

something was causing an overfuel concern but kinda hard to know with a locked up engine that does not run. willing to bet it was do the very overfilled crankcase packing oil into the CAC

Is that #2? If so, there seems to be an awful lot of failures on that cyilnder.. Folks on Ford's message boards talk about #2 lot, and the last engine I had #2 was melted....

yeah it was cylinder 2. i also had signs of meltdown on 1,3,5, and 7. Alot of metal transfer to the head on those holes.

my first motor was toast on 2 and 4.

we have another truck they has a bent #8 rod from a cooler failure hydrolock

dont know. hard to tell actual failure when the thing is locked solid. From the looks of the cac cooler being filled with oil and the crankcase being stupid full thats probably the cause. hotline seems to think #2 is the one that gets nailed during an overfilled crankcase problem. talking with the driver he always let the thing run, said it was always regening and only changed the oil per miles not hours.

So this is my first post! I have gotten my first 6.4 #2 cylinder meltdown! I am soooo proud. The masters from FORD say this caused by excessive oil in the cac/intercooler system. Drop the lower intercooler cac hose/tube assembly and watch 1 to 4 quarts of oil fall! This excessive oil gets drawn into the motor at higher rpm's and hydrolock the cylinder. #2 and #8 cylinders seem to be the most affected. Now how does this oil get there? Overfilling of the crankcase from (jiffy lube) excessive idling, excessive regen and so on.

From what I understand it can come from excessive regen or a fuel leak inside the engine like a leaking HP fuel pump, fuel rail, line or injector. But being overfilled that much, I would think it would have to be a HP fuel leak.