Diesel Radio

Rate this topic

OH

MY

GAWD

"Looks pretty cool"?

This is going to be the modification aftermarket using, abusing and misinterpreting common knowledge. The end goal will be to prove that we are wrong and Gale Banks et al are right....

An amusing opportunity.... the announcer mentions that diesels are not the black smoke spewing things we imagine.... Gale Banks is a "guest speaker".

I'm searching for a comparison.... and all I can come up with is that diesel radio is a lot like having a hooker standing by your front gate....

Yeah I just was looking deeper into some of the "guests" they have. Looks more like a Diesel version of the comedy channel.

I've got better Idea they could have a debate version of it. Lets see who would be on our side....Ah.. Keith,Bruce,of course Jim and I think Dwayne and Joey would be a good debate panel.

Laughable at best!

I listened to the show that featured the guys from DIS about performance yada yada yada.

Increase your mileage 1-2 gpm gain 70+ hp. Yeah but it'll cost you a few grand.

My take is if ya want power, open your wallet and suck it up.

I always get a kick outta folks who ask me what kind of mileage I get from my '03 SVT Cobra.

Being that I've been asked this thousands of time I started telling people that if you want fuel mileage or that is your primary concern over performance, buy a Focus.

We can lie to ourselves all we want about more performance equals less throttle equals more mpg but in the end we're just lying to ourselves.

That site is nothing more than a snakeoil pitch site.

I agree with Jim's take on it.

• 5 weeks later...

I always get a kick outta folks who ask me what kind of mileage I get from my '03 SVT Cobra.

Being that I've been asked this thousands of time I started telling people that if you want fuel mileage or that is your primary concern over performance, buy a Focus.

Then again, the turbo setups on the Terminators actually get GREAT mileage as long as you're not always driving like an Andretti. I know a few guys with single-turbo setups making well over 700rwhp and they will get 25-27mpg on the highway as long as they're not beating the snot out of it. One has gone 10.40's @ 137 on pump gas & drag radials (1.54 60-foot).

Dave

Dave