Banks chip etc.

Rate this topic

I had a customer break down in another state. His Motorcraft rebuilt transmission failed. The "Ford" dealer denied the warranty, took pictures of the chip, turbo, and exhaust system, and filed a CUDL.

True, I personally think the increased perfomance wrecked the transmission, WHO pays? I am the customers local Ford dealer. I didn't install the transmission the first time. It was installed privatly. I probably would have warrantied the repair.

Where in Banks warranty does it state it will cover stuff when it breaks?

This sounds like the vehicle i just worked on. I tore trans down and did a service part warranty prior approval, Ford sent out an inspector, took pictures and denied the warranty. I had no choice in the matter. I belive customer was from Penn.

If you have super swamper tires with a 30 degree driveline angle, and wipe a ujoint, I am darn well going to put in my vote to ax your warranty

I don't think "axing the warranty" is the right call here. Is that what really meant? I think that denying coverage for that particular repair is a better approach and way of explaining it. I believe that is the general way of thinking most techs and dealers have concerning these trucks.

• 2 weeks later...