2002 f-350 oil concern help

Rate this topic

Yes it's still draining out of the reservoir and if you fill the reservoir up it will start and not die.

If the reservoir drains out, I'd attack that first. Even if there is a lower end problem, the reservoir should not drain out.

Oil pressure takes too long to build on the port in top of housing and in the block.

If the reservoir is empty, I can see a delay in reaching pressure at the top port. It has to overcome a large airspace before pressure is seen.

I'm going to yank it and tear it down.I tried another one in the shop and it had pressure within 2 seconds.It's got to be a lube pressure problem still.I'LL update when i find it,thanks for the ideas.

I'd make a sheet metal shim to block off the HPOP inlet, bolt the HPOP in place with the inlet blocked, and see if the reservoir still drains out. You could have a bad new HPOP. It would suck if you pulled the motor and went through it, to later find a bad new HPOP.

I'd also do the "aeration test", where you put a hose in the EOP sensor and take a sample at WOT hot. The oil should not look foamy. There have been a few cracked pickup tubes in the pan causing weird problems, and an occasional bad gasket where the pickup tube meets the front cover.

Good Luck!

Posted Image