lcf popping fuse

Rate this topic

Got an 06 that keeps popping the 5 amp mini fuse for the ipr,icp,maf etc etc.... Has alot of circuits on this fuse, just wandering if anyone has had trouble like this or knows any known wire chaffing spots only did a quick visual saturday.

I ran into this with several trucks when the LCF first came out. We had delivered many in the beginning and three of our customers had problems. I wrote an article about the harness problem I discovered (LCF Wire Harness Chafing) which also became TSB 05-26-22.

well checked all those spots and found no chafes everytime i unplug the mass air flow the truck comes to life with my test lite in place of the fuse.Tried switching with a known good mass air flow and nothing. i need a gun and a bullet right about now just about went through the whole harness on this thing chasing down circuits and found nothing. Posted Image

Its a box truck, attempted an overlay today but not sure if its gonna work. I talked to hotline and they said that there has been alot of problems with these harnesses and also that they are on national back order due to high demand. The worst part about this thing is that its intermitent so half way through testing the damm fuse doesnt blow.Ive basically been through the whole harness and cannot find anything.