F-550 Glow plug harness leaking oil?

Rate this topic

Yes, and around to the front. They are fairly easy to replace and there is a special tool to remove the connectors, look it up in the service manual, as I don't know the #.

The plug gets hard and brittle, and the o-rings leak, no big deal.

Best of luck newbie!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif

Don't be suprised if you end-up pulling the wires out of the connectors. I've had to drill a hole in the piece left in the head and use a small slide-hammer. Not a big deal just tough to access. Make sure you punch the clock & document what you have to remove for access.

Don't be suprised if you end-up pulling the wires out of the connectors. I've had to drill a hole in the piece left in the head and use a small slide-hammer. Not a big deal just tough to access. Make sure you punch the clock & document what you have to remove for access.

Ditto

Ditto

Find your 7.3L diesel kit, the gauge bar is there.

There is nothing else in your tool room that looks like it, and there is no reason for anyone, other than a diesel tech to use or have it.

Read your service pubs for info and hook ups.

You ARE a newbie!

Welcome to the world of Ford diesels.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/drinkingdude.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/puke.gif