Kilometers to miles

Rate this topic

robp823

Download and install this little program called Convert - http://www.joshmadison.com/software/convert/

I use this for all of my conversions and it comes in handy a lot! Keep it on your PC and make an Icon on your desktop or quick start menu so it is handy.

Posted Image

Ohhhh wow. I totally DID NOT understand what you wrote. Um, The program I told you about, while very useful will do nothing like what you asked.

Back to your original question, I am under the impression that all modern cars and trucks with electronic instrumentation can change between English and metric units. You can fiddle with the cluster or consult the Owners Manual for instructions... I am sure it is also in the shop manual.

You can view Owners Guides In FMC Dealer in the vehicle session page, they are listed under the "Other" tab then select "Owner Information." Here is what you are looking for if the Owners Guide is not in the vehicle:

Setup menu

Press this control for the following

displays:

• System Check

• Units (English/Metric)

• Autolock

• Autolamp Delay

• Language

System check

Selecting this function from the SETUP menu causes the message center to cycle through each of the systems being monitored. For each of the monitored systems, the message center will indicate either an OK message or a warning message for three seconds. Pressing the RESET control cycles the message center through each of the systems being monitored. The sequence of the system check report and how it appears in the message center is as follows:

1. FUEL LEVEL

2. ENGINE TEMP

3. OIL PRESSURE

4. BRAKE FLUID LEVEL

5. CHARGING SYSTEM

Units (English/Metric)

1. Select this function from the SETUP menu for the current units to be displayed.

2. Press the RESET control to change from English to Metric.

We have imported several vehicles from the US.... The instrument cluster must be changed. It appears that Fords current stance is that the odometer will read in the same format as the major speedo display.

This is to say that if the large numbers are on the speedo are mph - the odometer will read in miles and vice versa. There is no way that we have found to toggle the odo reading.

Do your Canadian gages read BOTH MPH and KMH? Ours have both with MPH in large print on the outer edge of the dial and KMH in smaller print inside. The other information in the Message Center is configurable which affects the odometer and odometer related features.

Mind you, I am only going by the information printed in the WSM and the Owner Guide... I have NEVER actually sat in an F150 in probably 7 years now. Posted Image

Our speedos (the gauges, not the pants) have kilometers as the major (large) numbers and mph as the smaller. Our store has imported many MarkLTs - if you select <metric> for the message center display the units registered in the fuel minder will change, if the cluster displays ambient air temp, that will change... but the odometer will remain in the clusters "major" format.

I had an 07 or 08 F250 here a while back that was originally a US unit. It needed a new instrument cluster module for a sticking speedo guage needle(it read 60 MPH standing still). Since we were replacing the cluster anyhow and we had to call in the odo reading to get a new one, I asked if we could replace it with a Canadian version instead of the US one. That apparently can not be done under warranty, as the replacement must be the same as the original. I suspect the price of a new unit to be very high, otherwise it would be the way to go to get the correct odometer display units and the correct mileage. Posted Image