tell me what happened here

Rate this topic

Gary_P

Hmmmm, poorly substituted flex piping to fit a PSD equipped SD that had a lift kit? The guy didn't wanna spring for the proper exhaust so he built it himself? You were just gonna pull the DPF for other reasons (no doubt associated with the other bullsh*t power add-ons), and you found this? Am I close?

I was in the service drive one day and the complaint was no power, started it up, yep no power, went to move it out of the drive. a Loud "BOOM" and a cloud of smoke that blocked out the sun ensued. I thought the damn truck was on fire. the bellows in that one blew out like an expanded soda can before it blew apart.

Problem with that one was it only idles in the Alcoa yard and never gets road speeds up. and of course the driver could care less about a DPF/MIL/SEN light. 3000+hours on the engine, 1200 miles on the odometer.

2008 F650 Cummins 6.7L CM2150 downpipe.

EGR valve quit working, failed to go into regen, blocked DPF, HEAVY load and Viola

We had one at Diavik, a 6.7 in a Western Star...went into regen and ran away something to do with the EGR was the root cause. Tore the flexplate bolts out of the crank. Buggered the crank up pretty bad.