05 freestyle cvt

Rate this topic

Had to take a cvt apart just to see if i could find anything wrong with it.I didnt even diag this thing we were dead and my service manager was just like see if you could find anything.Anyway im putting it back together and im at the step of pressing the case back on the variators.Im following right by the book and not sure if im getting the secondary variator pressed on all the way.Im not seeing threads filling up the window of the special tool.They only fill about halfway then i run out of threads on the forcing bolt.Any help or suggestions appreciated....

just made my second mistake and forgot to put the select shift lever manual feed tube in before pressing the variators into the case and putting the variator nuts on. now has to come back apart. The book doesnt help either doesnt tell you anything about making sure you put it on first or ven tell you to put it on first found this out hard way and trust me tried everything in my power to try and snake it around to get in but no luck if anyone has actually been able to do it let me know.