07B48 Hybrid Battery Harness Recall

Rate this topic

Mekanik

Has anyone ever done one without removing the battery? I have done 2 so far exactly the way the book says to do it with removing the battery.

It looks like it could be done. It might just be a little tricky removing the torx and allen bolts on the left side.

Anyone???

Has anyone ever done one without removing the battery? I have done 2 so far exactly the way the book says to do it with removing the battery.

It looks like it could be done. It might just be a little tricky removing the torx and allen bolts on the left side.

Anyone???

When i left there was a guy doing them really really quick without removing the battery, he wouldnt tell me how he did it.

When i left there was a guy doing them really really quick without removing the battery, he wouldnt tell me how he did it.

Throw the box with the jumper in the trash and re flash it.

It's so easy to just take the Battery out and not have to jackass around trying to fight the bolts out of the side, I don't see any time savings?

Remove both inner quarter trim panels.

I actually take those out anyway. It seems like a tight fit and I would hate to damage one of those trim pieces.

The next one I get I think I might give it a try.

If you have the metric lifting eyes that thread into the three points on the battery, it's a snap to get out and on the floor. I actually let is sit on the legs of the cherry picker and go to it. I saw a guy across the hall do it chassis with the interior panels out and I could do it my way twice as fast.

I got a rig made of three lengths of chain tied together with a quick link Posted Image

I bolt it to the three lift points and use the arm of the lift to pick it straight up then just push the car forward. I'll try to remember to snap a pic of it tomorrow.

I tried to use our cherry picker/engine crane once but the huge ass fucking Rotunda thing we have doesn't fit under the open hatch unless you lift the car up

I have a set-up kind of like that. Removing the battery is pretty easy. I was just wondering about removing the covers in-vehicle to save a little time.