In Vehicle Headgasket Replacement

Rate this topic

is it possible to install studs cab on? I have a customer that needs all 3 and this is the second time around for head gaskets. Its off warranty now and he wants to put studs in this time. He has the time and wants me to do the job. The only trouble is at my shop I dont have a hoist to lift the cab.

On the studs, I have to strongly oppose doing them in chassis. I personally would pull the engine. I think it's worth it especially being CP. I know a guy thats done it in chassis and the damn thing leaves on a bungee cord. It's come back about 3 times with blown headgaskets. He even managed to break one of the ARP studs. I finished a job like that in 3 days by pulling the engine. I did coolers, and turbo cleaning as well. I know you cab pullers will say that you would have had it done in 2 days. It was a piece of cake. Posted Image

I think I will probably pull the engine to do it. If he brings it back to me. I told him I would do some research and get back to him. Especially being a bit of a 6.0 virgin when it comes to major work. I would really like to be able to see exactly what I am doing. Once the first one is done you kind of know what to expect, and in chassis wouldnt be to intimidating.

Why pull engine?I have done head gaskets with cab on and used studs. Same as using bolts,install studs,snug'em and install nuts then torque.Pulling engine seems like a lot of extra work but to each his own.