frozen rear bolton 6.0 turbo

Rate this topic

If you don't have them, I recommend a set of those sockets made for stripped or rounded nuts and bolts. Saved my butt when the same thing happened to me. The advise about keeping and maintaining a like new 10mm socket at all times is priceless.

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

If all else fails, remove everything attatched to the turbo - y-pipe clamp, cac tube, oil feed, etc. and the two easy bolts to get out. Then put a long prybar into the turbo outlet. Pry it up off the pedestal, then push the bar towards the driver's side of the vehicle. The bolt will snap off flush with the turbo and the pedestal will be undamaged. I assume you're replacing the turbo?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Our local power co.dropped off a 2003 f450 bucket truck yesterday at our dealer.I work on quite a few of there trucks still under warranty.This is their first one out of warranty.They were in the process of trying to remove the turbo themselves.They stripped the head on the rear bolt.I can't get it out with one of the socket type removers.Is this the year model with the bolt that can be broken with a prybar or is it the later style with the bolt that goes straight down.The guy that worked on it at their garage said he didnt think he was ready to work on any 6.0l's and he hoped that was the last problem he had out of their fleet of trucks with 6.0l's.I wanted to laugh so hard but I bit my toungue and said you will probably win the lottery before you have a problem out of another one of these trucks.He has only worked there 2 weeks.Ha Ha