Transit Sales

Rate this topic

LARRY BRUDZYNSKI

We've got two. Still got 'em both.

They are kind of a cheesy lookin vehicle, in my opinion. Coupled with a gross vehicle weight rating of 5000lbs...

With the way the ministry of transportation is around here - guys are gonna get HUNG OUT TO DRY by the MTO for having these things overloaded.

What do you guys honestly think? I'm looking to buy a couple vehicles for the fleet and i was thinking one trans-connect and one E250 with a 4.6L. I like the trans connect for the room it has, the MPG, and parking in downtown chicago wont be an issue. I'm weiry of purchasing the first year for a new model.

They aren't exactly new, they been runnin' around over where they build them for a while, from what I've heard. Of course that could have been a vicious rumor that I have now perpetuated, thus getting myself and everyone involved caught up in the big machine .

Like Brad says, these things have been around "over there" for a long time... Euro smog laws are quite different from ours so there is a chance that one of the reasons we haven't seen these before may be that their emissions cleanliness may have been "overkill" (caution - there is a wild assumption happening there).

Add that, even with the fuel prices being what they are, most of us will continue to display our gluttony by driving more vehicle than we generally need.... yes... I drive to work in a 4WD pick up - on paved roads. My wife goes to the store in a V6 sports car.... And, for most of my scooter driving, a 50cc would likely do OK...

Screw it... let's ride!!!!!!

Posted Image

We got a few of them Posted Image

It looked like an expensive shipping process. Every one of those units were tied down with those big yellow ratchet straps. It had one on every wheel. There must not be any place to use the regular chain setup. I don't know for sure I didn't look that close. Got nauseas standing this close.

My friend was replacing a hydraulic hose on one of those car haulers at the chicago taurus plant, they had 100's of trans-connects on lot. All had the keys in them...so he sat in one...said it was the worst smell hes ever smelled. Car hauler driver said the same thing. Each one smelled as bad as the 2nd. I sat in one on friday and it didn't smell. They seem to be a hit out here, have seen a lot of them on the road lately.

• 3 weeks later...

We swapped one in today and I took it for a spin. It is neat if you have a purpose for it. It will make a really good light delivery vehicle and if outfitted properly it could make a good vocational vehicle for light tools and equipment and supplies. The cargo area is large and cube like with large square door openings which would allow for nice racks or bins to store and organize "stuff."

Loaded up I predict it will be a total dog with the 2.0L engine and the general feel of it was a little cheap though not quite cheesy.

How's that for a review?

Oh, and the rear wipers aren't synchronized, either. This would definitely exclude this vehicle from my potential list of purchases.

Posted Image

There's an SSM for this...can you believe that it was actually a complaint?

Don't forget the "trailer thing".... there was a broadcast message...

All the same, some enterprising soul has a class three hitch for the Transit Connect on E-Bay. It is branded as a Valley Tow Rite hitch... even though Valley doesn't show a hitch for this app on their website....