6.7 at SEMA

Rate this topic

Originally Posted By: Jim Warman

We'll still have the VGT - without a position sensor... but it looks like we get a waste gate to help deal with anything less than self-inflicted overboost conditions. It adds complexity and(as the waste gate tries to hide VGT problems) it may add to the possibility of misdiagnosis. Time will tell.

Ah yes the VGT.....But with a twist, no longer a Hi/Low pressure turbo set up but rather a turbo with 2 ( Yes 2 ) compressor wheels, they sit back to back and have a joint housing in common. This should be interesting come turbo cleaning time.

Thats an old engine. There have been some changes since that one was built. Bruce, I cant tell from the pictures but it doesnt look like there is a second compressor wheel or wastegate in any of those pictures. Did I miss them or is the ultrahigh resolution of the blackberry letting me down? Posted Image

You guys are no fun. I didnt know that info had been released, nobody is talking about it. There will be two different versions depending on weight class, the dyno cert engine will not have the SST or a wastegate. The engine pictured also does not have a P3 sensor, that was recently reimplemented.

found out today in class that the F250,350 and 450 with a bed will have the dual boost variable nozzle turbocharger, f450s without a bed and 550 will have a non wastegated single compressor wheel turbo couldnt get a answer why. The sensor in the oil pan is not on production trucks, the ports on oil pan are the feed tube for the oil cooler. Just wait til you see the pid list on the truck its gonna take a very long time to learn them. lots of new terminology on parts. no mufffler on truck very very quiet. also got to see the new 6.2 in a prototype truck, i think it was louder than the 6.7. looks like a 5.4 on steriods. the ids has lots of glitches in software plus no pid for mgp. there will be a coffe table book for this engine, truck has two seperate cooling systems, vacuum pump on front cover of engine driven of hp fuel pump gear.its a beast

The reason there are different two different systems is due to the way they are emission certified. The SCR and DPF positions will be reversed on dyno cert engines as well. MGP should be in included in the pid list, it is part of the parameters that are supposed to be available. It may be an absolute number now which should give it a different name. Any examples to give on parameter names? I am curious if they adopted our nomenclature.

enviromental tempature sensor, vgt or vnt just what ever they felt like at the time, reductant level, diesel exhaust fluid,im sure there is more i forgot my head is still spinning kind of on information overload

Wow.. I have a lot of thread to read.... however... I need to do two things to Dwayne...

First is to apologize for the fuel line stuff.... Kenny came up with a pic or two showing the error of my ways...

With the pic of "the hand" still in my mind (ask if you want a replay) I am amazed that we see this fuel system as it is presented.... Perhaps it will look different when we get to see it... All the same - high pressure fluids are something to respect.

Second... Dwayne is one of many that has an immense respect for high pressure fluids.... and here he is embracing exposed high pressure lines.... Over to you, Dwayne.

As for the motor.... we are entering the twilight zone of new technology... YET AGAIN.... they are testing hand fabbed mules.... we will be testing assembly line built, idiot piloted, misguided missiles...

There are ever so many days that the only reason I go to work is because I want to see what happens next......

Wow.. I have a lot of thread to read.... however... I need to do two things to Dwayne...

First is to apologize for the fuel line stuff.... Kenny came up with a pic or two showing the error of my ways...

With the pic of "the hand" still in my mind (ask if you want a replay) I am amazed that we see this fuel system as it is presented.... Perhaps it will look different when we get to see it... All the same - high pressure fluids are something to respect.

Second... Dwayne is one of many that has an immense respect for high pressure fluids.... and here he is embracing exposed high pressure lines.... Over to you, Dwayne.

As for the motor.... we are entering the twilight zone of new technology... YET AGAIN.... they are testing hand fabbed mules.... we will be testing assembly line built, idiot piloted, misguided missiles...

There are ever so many days that the only reason I go to work is because I want to see what happens next......

Posted Image What? What did I miss? Just got back from school, so I'm not sure what the hell you're talkin about.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys are no fun. I didnt know that info had been released, nobody is talking about it. There will be two different versions depending on weight class, the dyno cert engine will not have the SST or a wastegate. The engine pictured also does not have a P3 sensor, that was recently reimplemented.

It seems other people are catching on to this: PickupTrucks.com article

• 2 weeks later...

I would have thought that the sensor in the oil pan was part of an oil life monitoring system. It would seem to make sense to have that, what with confusion and finger-pointing over maintenance intervals.