#3 injector on 05 e-350

Rate this topic

Is there anyway of replacing an injector on a 2005 e-350 van on the passanger side without removing the motor support?Are there any other tips you could give me for this job?Thanks

YOU CANNOT GET RH VALVE COVER OFF WITHOUT REMOVING UPPER HALF OF LH MOTOR SUPPORT - HAVE FUN Posted Image

IT'S REALLY NOT THAT BAD - JUST SOMEWHAT PAINFUL ON THE FOREARMS - BUT YOU GET USED TO THE PAIN AFTER AWHILE Posted Image

Although I have found a few ways to remove the right side valve cover without removing the left engine mount, I still prefer to remove the mount when it comes to replacing the injectors. If I'm only doing a d-ring I won't remove the mount.

By the way,this is a box van with part of the box molded on top of the cab.Though about cab removal ,but not with this one.

You CAN remove the cab, but just do it PARTIALLY. Remove the six 18mm cab bolts and jack up the right side of body with a block of wood between the jack and the channel on the body a couple of inches. That will give you enough clearance to remove the right side VC.

Just make sure you use sealant when you put the body back together with the cab.

I wasn't referring to removing the cab ENTIRELY. I meant to suggest a PARTIAL lift of the cab, about maybe two inches off the frame, being supported properly of course. The box does flex enough to allow this much of a lift.

Well anyway,thanks for the suggestions.Changed out # 3 because when doing injector interupt was only cylinder that showed bad.Well ,installed #3 and now #1 is in the shitter.How would you explain this to the customer?I'm assuming that since #1 is the companion cyl to 3 that it was disgused somehow?Sometimes this job is a pain.