6.0 lack of pwr, skipping, runs rough

Rate this topic

Ok pulled codes here is the list

CMDTC p0262, P0277, P0401, P0404, P1335, P2271, P0280, P0403, P0405.

Pretty much same codes on KOEO, KOEO injector, KOER. Called hotline and fixing to perform TSB 06-2-13 he also wanted me to verify 45psi fuel.

I currently don't have a fuel guage for the diesel. Could someone give me the tool number for the guage or a aftermaket one would work to. Thanks

Use 303-765 adapter to access fuel pressure port and I also use a oil pressure gauge to check fuel pressure. Have you performed a enhanced power balance test to check the injectors? Also looks like you have carboned EGR Valve and maybe intake passages.

You can/could use the WDS? Not sure how thats done now?

Use the PVT along with the braided trans lines(also w/ WDS)and adapt(might have to go to NAPA) it to the fuel pressure adaptor in the special tool kit for the 6.0L... By far the best way to go. You can also include FP in your recordings when you send them to hotline...

fastest way I know for testing fuel pressure on the 6 liter is by using a secondary fuel filter cap. using a shraeder valve from any old fuel line. Most unscrew with an 11/32 socket. drill a hole in the filter cap and screw in the shrader valve port. So now all you need to do is remove existing cover on secondary and install yours. Now just use regular old fuel pressure gauge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

6 mm ball hex and hose/guage I bought from Dave Organ (Sacramento/San Francisco training instructor).He assembles/sells a nifty kit that comes in a little gym bag for(was)a little over $100.It includes alot of handy 6.0 diag tools-with instructions! Dorgan@ford.com (He also has a business called "Pure Muscle Performance").(209)986-4345 or Sac. trng.center-(916)691-7133 (this info's from an old card)