6.7 Out for extreme duty testin!

Rate this topic

• 2 months later...

That's a nice link, Aaron.... but I have to wonder how much of this stuff comes from "this is a real life behind the scene" angle.... and how much comes from a "this is what we are feeding you" angle...

Some info is better than none but I have to wonder how much psychology Ford is applying to us....

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-7-discussion/121898-new-6-7-work-truck.html

It seems Halliburton has some of these trucks as extreme duty tests as work trucks.

I am interested to see how they do.

the 2011 site has been updated with field testing trucks and what they've been up too. Those Halliburton trucks are on there too!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/2011Superduty/?p=fieldwork&rt=350xlt

Looking at the ecoboost WBT, the nernst cell is quite a change from what we're used to (quite a complex little affair from the look of it)and that watching sensor data isn't going to be much help (which is OK since I think we can get more info from fuel trims). We have to remember that the 6.2 is getting dual spark plugs, to - this could make for some interesting electricals... dual, multistrike plugs.. I wonder if we will see spark timing independantly variable and if it might have some effect on emissions.

Say "Hi" to Daryl for me... remind him that Stars was screwed up when we tried requesting my course.