'99 F-350 No-Start

Rate this topic

Okay, I have one here that I just did an 07S57 on, a week ago that came in on the hook as a no-start. ALL sensor readings (BARO, EBP, MAP, ICP volts, ICP psi, IPR duty cycle, RPM and V-PWR) are bang on. Fuel pump IS being commanded at every key-on cycle. I have a hard P1277 and P1293 DTCs. After playing musical IDMs with two other customer's trucks without success, where else does that leave me? Am I going "under cover" as in under bank #1 valve cover, assuming wiring from IDM to bank #1 valve cover electrical connector checks out good? I knew I shouldn't have gone into work today on my birthday Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Happy Birthday!

Posted Image

How does the buzz test sound- loud and clear on all 8? Have you taken a fuel sample into a clear jar from the yellow lever and inspected it for odor, water, and debris? What's the GP amperage measured at the fat lead on the GP relay? You're measuring RPM with the scan tool and not the dash, right?

Have you checked fuel pressure at (at least) one head? I'd be less concerned about the P1277 and P1293 causing the no start and look at the bigger picture instead of concentrating on one cylinder. If you want to do a quickie test, pull the VC connectors off (without pulling the VC) and ohm each of the injector circuits. I use 2.77-3.17Ω as my go/nogo window.

I'm in the office today, 440-846-3885 if you want....

Good Luck!

Posted Image

Bank #1 UVC harness it is for the WIN!!!. I must be getting old. I vaguely remember a TSB for some "Jesus Clips" that is supposed to prevent a re-occurence of this very issue. Having some trouble locating it, if someone can help me with it.

Before just adding the clips, take a look at the spread of the female terminals in the UVC harness. As the clip separates and hangs, along with the heat and vibration, the terminals can really widen and cause a poor tension fit to the male spade of the valve cover gasket. One of our techs added clips only and then had an open circuit when the male spade was dead centered into the female terminal. On high mileage rigs I bid new UVC harnesses to avoid a concern later.

Before just adding the clips, take a look at the spread of the female terminals in the UVC harness. As the clip separates and hangs, along with the heat and vibration, the terminals can really widen and cause a poor tension fit to the male spade of the valve cover gasket. One of our techs added clips only and then had an open circuit when the male spade was dead centered into the female terminal. On high mileage rigs I bid new UVC harnesses to avoid a concern later.

This truck is getting the clips, UVC harnesses and cover gaskets due to its high mileage to avoid having any future concerns.

No need for clips with the latest design UVC harness. There are now bumps on the underside of the lock tabs to make a positive latching. Compare the old to new UVC harness and you will see what I'm talking about. If you attempt to force a clip in there it will break the tab on your new harness.

No need for clips with the latest design UVC harness. There are now bumps on the underside of the lock tabs to make a positive latching. Compare the old to new UVC harness and you will see what I'm talking about. If you attempt to force a clip in there it will break the tab on your new harness.

Yes, I figured this out AFTER. Thanks anyhow.