Temp gauge goes to hot

Rate this topic

When towing a load up a grade.

'08 550 LWB dump.

Requires T-Stats, as EOT climbed to 265+ dgrsF

I was able to verify the concern with the customer today while he was pulling his mini excavator.

I will take pics tomorrow morning.

Wait till you see what I found!!!

• 8 months later...

i have a truck doing the same thing, and fmcdealer is down, what have you found on this? was the tstats the problem with it? i found on mine that the engine temp gauge will go to hot and the ect will stay at 204 while the eot will goto 260+. when the eot will got below 259ish the gauge starts to drop. thanks for your help...

yeah i was checking off my lap top, the fan clutch is not engauged at all, and i dont have a laser temp probe... but i have noticed that the fan clucth will cycle on and off as normal.

One thing I see a lot is blocked off air flow through the cooling stack.... You HAVE to look at the radiator since everything else will look good.

Overheating under a pull can have only so many causals.... Stephen... I recall you sayng something about a picture?

Quote:
One thing I see a lot is blocked off air flow through the cooling stack.... You HAVE to look at the radiator since everything else will look good.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The engine blew up in this one, not sure why. <snickers>