Seriously... What's with Bill Hewitt?

Rate this topic

Alex Bruene

So, after expressing my feelings about Bill Hewitt, and his lack of knowledge and wealth of incorrect information with some of the folks at The Monkey House, I decided to peruse www.powerstrokehelp.com for the first time in a while. $99 per month to subscribe to a site that is riddled with inaccuracies and biased opinions sounds a bit skunky to me. Information like... "Don't remove the plug from the high pressure oil reservoir on a 7.3 while the engine is running, because there is over 3000 psi of oil pressure in there, and it will blow all over the place"... or "The main cause of 6.0 engine failures start with high EGT causing the headgaskets to fail, which in turn will cause the oil cooler to fail, then the water from the oil cooler will get into the oil pan, then the engine will get hot and cause the EGR cooler to fail, which will then cause the oil filter to melt and cause the engine to smell bad"... and so on. Or, is that how it really happens? Maybe I just don't know how the fuck these things work.

I wonder how much $$$$$ Keith could make by charging the general public for accurate information, if this guy charges what he does for inaccurate information.

Rant over.

You're right, Alex.... you don't realize how this stuff works...

People want a big assed TV so they can sit a foot away from it... they pay money....

People want a lage pizza with little dead fish things (oops, I meant anchovies).. they pay money....

People want information... they want to hear what they want to hear (in this case, they want to hear that they can add toys to their truck rather than having to do dreary things like operate it properly - it's a fucking phallic symbol, not a machine!!!!!)... they will pay money.

Now, the problem with Keith and DTS is they will be forced to hear many truths... and the truth is something they are not willing to pay for...

When that website first started, I called them a bunch of spammy bastards... after that, they even let me join (I forgot I was a member until you rubbed my nose in it.... ).

I said it before... I say it again.... the world is filled with charlatans, pretenders and thieves. We need to drum these guys out of business. They are popular with the masses because they tell people what the people want to hear. And THAT is what will make it hard.

I turn 60 this year.... I don't have to put up with this shit for too much longer (no, I wont retire... retiring is simply the beginning of the end)... but most of you guys are looking at another 30 or 40 years. You can follow your career or job (your choice) wherever it takes you..... or you can study the ways that you can take your "trade" andf elevate it to a "profession".

I wonder how much $$$$$ Keith could make by charging the general public for accurate information, if this guy charges what he does for inaccurate information.

The forum software does allow for subscriptions. You can pay me to access these forums but it is on my terms. I can set the permissions for any user groups such as "subscribers" who could only be allowed to read the content and not participate.

First, I would never pimp you guys out by selling your knowledge and advice.

Second, this forum was conceived for the sole intent of providing us a private, professional venue without any restrictions and corporate bias. (though I admit I feel the profanity filter should not have been turned off)

Third, many if not most of the people seeking information would likely have no clue what to do with any real information or advice, let alone the truth when it need be told. There is nothing more dangerous than an idiot armed with a little knowledge...

Enter Bill Hewitt

Posted Image

I too have parused his site to see what kind of bad info he is peddling now. For 100 dollars he will allow you to access his video where he will show you how to replace your own head gaskets. For that 100 dollars you get ONLY 30 days access to it. That is pretty expensive to have a guy show you how to hack your pick-up. Myabe I should put an ad out and for 50 bucks I will tell you how to fix your leaking egr cooler, the answer two bottles of barrs stop leak. ROFL!!!!!!!

Myabe I should put an ad out and for 50 bucks I will tell you how to fix your leaking egr cooler, the answer two bottles of barrs stop leak. ROFL!!!!!!!

Don't laugh too hard because that was actually suggested to a customer by a local "indie" shop Posted Image