Hydrolocked

Rate this topic

I'm working on a early build 04 f series w/ a 6.0L. The engine is hydrolocked, and I'm sure it is a leaking egr cooler. Later today I will remove all of the glowplugs and try to crank all the coolant out of the cyls. My question is if the engine is usally ok when this happens, or do the rods get bent sometimes. I've seen this happen twice before and the engine was fine.

Also, assuming that the engine is ok, I will probably sell the customer headgaskets with a new egr cooler, and because of the vehicle set up, I won't be able to pull the body off. Any tips on diong headgaskets in vehicle. I have done them before with the body off.

I took the glow plugs out and when I cranked it over coolant shot out of the heads. The coolant bottle is empty, signs of coolant on the degas bottle...oh yeah, and 10 empty coolant bottles on the passenger floor. Ha Ha!!

ive done heads in a vehicle twice. What i found out that if you tilt the front of the cab up you will get the clearance you'll need to get to the corner head bolt at the firewall. you all need to that out evaporator box for right bank. its not that bad but id rather lift the cab up any day.