03 Mach 1 Mustang 4.10 ratio.

Rate this topic

Customer has swapped a 4.10 gear into the car.

I have tried to reprogram for the speedo/odo correction, to no avail.

Contacted hotline, this was the reply:

Hotline response:

Aaron,

This vehicle was built with a 3.27 axle ratio and tire size of and it is federally illegal to change axle ratio for over the road use. The ids tool will not be able to modify the axle ratio. We recommend returning the vehicle back to OEM to conform to emissions laws.

Any ideas fellows? I kinda doubt this guy is going to want to swap back in a 3.27 sprocket to make the speedo right.

Anyone know how I can 'override' the IDS so it can force a program?

Thanks in advance!

I know a guy with a Mustang, changed ratios, and used an aftermarket programmer to correct his speedo. I don't know the name of the programmer, though. I'd contact a speed shop or search a Mustang hipo forum, I'm sure this has been corrected countless times.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

That's how it looks, from all the resources I havee been able to find on the internets.

Thanks for the replies, fellows!

I had the thing for a little ramble, and after the 4th or 5th time of reprogramming the PCM in an attempt to correct the speedo, I leaned on it just a little in 2nd gear, seemed to move along pretty good. Rolled from about 25mph up to about 40mph before I knew it, then I lifted. Wasn't expecting that.

I put 4.10's in my 2001 Bullitt and I didn't want to buy a programer so I found a kit that ties into the speed sensor in the trans and has dip switches and you can program it to different tire sizes and gear ratios and it was around 80 dollars. I can't remember the brand but I can check if your interested.

• 1 month later...

Haven't yet, think ours just sold, so the likelihood of me driving one is slim to fuck all.

They are way too quiet, i can tell you that.

They have a tube that runs from the intake tube, thru a filter, or amplifier or something and in thru the firewall. You wouln't believe the sound in the car. Kinda like and old q-jet with the secondaries open.... And holy fuck does it go..... fast as you can shift 1-2-3, from about 20 kph rolling start, speedo hit 160....I grew a chub. I want....

They have a tube that runs from the intake tube, thru a filter, or amplifier or something and in thru the firewall. You wouldn't believe the sound in the car.

What is with Ford piping in engine sound lately? They did this on the SHO to improve the experience for the driver. Seems a little much to me. I get it but... I don't. It's like adding dual exhaust tips with one pipe not connected and there just for looks. Posted ImagePosted Image