7.3L Fuel economy

Rate this topic

On my '99 F250 i was thinking about putting 70hp fuel injectors for pensalcola diesel in my truck. I was wonder if there would be any fuel economy inprovments or would this hurt it? The truck only has a 4in turbo back exhaust kit in it now and get about 15-17mpg on the high way. Also was thinking about the carbon fiber intake form cfmplus. Any feedback on them yet?

Thanks Tom

I wouldn't put Pensacola Diesel injectors in something that the injectors are EASY to change on, let alone a Powerstroke! But yeah, them injectors, not good.

Contact Larry on here, he can probably get you some higher HP injectors from one of his suppliers, and the stuff will likely be good parts!

FTR.... Im getting between 17-19 out of my 6.4 on the highway. (62-70mph)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay........ Tom, If you go with Posted Image Pensacola's injectors, be ready...... When you see the 7.3 70 hp advertised all they are doing is extrude honing the nozzles and putting them back on the stock injectors. All this does is trick the IDM. It thinks it still has stock injectors, but pushes MORE fuel into the cylinders. As for fuel economy, NOT!!!! We can do the same thing but you will get a proper job done the way you want. There are different percentages for the honing process. Have you ever worked on a bike and put in different jets in the carb/carbs? Same principal. My question for you........ What do you use the truck for and how do you drive it? Are you looking for better performance and fuel mileage? Or are you looking for just better mileage? If it's mileage you may look at spending the right money and change to smaller gears in your axle/axles. Diesel trucks were meant to WORK not be grocery getters. I see this everyday and still ask the same questions. Now mind you on the class 8's we have other options for increasing the HP/Torque and increasing fuel mileage but not on the smaller trucks. If you would like to talk about it give me a call.