UPS blown ecm/bat fuse

Rate this topic

Hi, everyone! I was able to spend time on this truck. I made a remote fuse holder, with the ecm, idm, and egr controller, on seperate 10a fuses, in series, with the factory (10a) fuse, bumped up to a 15a for testing. After running the truck for 2 hours, I was able to determine the idm was the problem. I installed a 20a fuse in the factory position, and a 20a in the remote side. Then I used my amp meter, and at first start (hot) it was at 20a for a second, then down to 14 amps after a minute of running. After 5 minutes of idling, it stayed at 11a. I orderd an idm, and will see how it does. Thanks for all the help! I hope this might help someone else!

Good stuff. I don't think I've ever thought about monitoring amperage draw with a intermittent blown fuse concern like that. I usually just tie in fuses like you did until the faulty component is found. That's something else to add to the bag of tricks.

The idm does not come programmed. I have one of Pats Stratford trucks apart right now with the idm hanging there if you need yours programmed up.

• 2 weeks later...