UPS egr cooler #3

Rate this topic

Hi, everyone! Well my famous roadcall truck is at it again! The truck is not here yet, but on the hook! From the drivers discription, the blown fuse issue seems to be ok....still cranks! Thanks again blown99! Now it cranks, coolant coming out the tail pipe! 3rd time! I heard that this repeat failure could be due to a clogged oil cooler! Any info on that? What do you guys think?

Yep, its on the hook to my shop as I write this. Yes, the oil cooler being blocked will cause an egr cooler to fail. The other dealer that performed the other cooler replacements are not aware of the oil coolers being a root cause of the problem on a 6.0 let alone the 275.

Nice! pat told me you did not have room today, so I was told to send it monday morning. Sorry to give you someone elses problem child. You guys do great work, so I told pat I would rather send it to you.

Larry, I don't think I will get the chance to go over there. It would be cool, but we are a bit short handed at the moment. I think it is awesome, that we made the connection with the dealer, through this site! Every one on DTS, is great! I will keep you posted on anything that I might find, and blown99 will keep us posted as well!

Dwayne's shop is around 75 miles away from mine. He is always welcome to come by and see what I am doing. Pat was up here last week picking up a few trucks. He always makes an effort to come over and say "thanks for doing a great job, we appreciate it."

We will see if this egr cooler job will be done next week. I'm taking the week off and since I'm the resident ups guy, we shall see if anyone else steps up to the plate.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at this earlier this week. Went out to bring it in and it wouldn't start. I diaged it as failed inj. None of them would buzz, hardly precycled them etc. Had to get authorization to replace them and of course tech central gives you the run around for 3 days. I ended up replacing them today and it fired right up. Tore into the egr cooler problem and found the cooler to be leaking and the oil cooler to be original. Ordered everything up.