The start of a very ugly week.

Rate this topic

Aaron

Hey fellers, here's my pics of my fancy-ass hizzouse that's all beat to ratshit from tree damage. The tree in question punched a 10" diameter hole through the roof, and into the "dry" room in my garage where I kept my racecar parts.

Posted Image

Mike, my neighbor on the right, and his dad on the left. Couldn't ask for better neighbors, makes me kinda sad I gotta move. They were out chopping and cutting and helping out and refused to let me lift anything on account of my back

Posted Image

Soffit/Fascia damage

Posted Image

The view from the front, the blue cord coming out of the window of my tree-fiddy is powering up some shit in the house from the inverter.

Posted Image

View from up on the roof

Posted Image

Knocked the lid off the vent.

Posted Image

Busted the crest of the roof. Sumbitch!

Posted Image

The point of 'entry'.

Posted Image

Crunch!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Rotten ol' piece 'a shit...

Posted Image

Oh Joy, Oh Rapture...

Posted Image

Here's what a $2600 transmission that's full of rainwater looks like...

Thats too bad buddy, I've been meaning to stop out for a while now... guess I had better make it out soon and pitch a few helping hands in.

Oooooh oooooh! I have a question. Posted Image If your awesome neighbors wouldn't let you lift a finger with removing the tree because of your busted spine then whose ass climbed up onto the roof to snap some pictures?

You gotta admit though it is kinda cool how that one branch snapped off just right and harpooned the roof.

Oooooh oooooh! I have a question. Posted Image If your awesome neighbors wouldn't let you lift a finger with removing the tree because of your busted spine then whose ass climbed up onto the roof to snap some pictures?

You gotta admit though it is kinda cool how that one branch snapped off just right and harpooned the roof.

An older boy made me do it. LOL

I dragged most of the light shit around (small branches and shit) and they did all the cutting and heavy stuff. We had a pretty good burn last night me and a few folks, burned most of the shit off the front lawn. I think probably next weekend I'll burn some more of the smaller stuff throughout the week or next weekend. Some of the bigger stuff is pretty saturated though. I threw a stump/log on the fire, and it was on there for about 5 hours and it's still there. It's only dried about 1/3 of it, and it is still not burning, so she's gotta be pretty water-logged, I'm thinkin.

Insurance?

The insurance covered removing the tree from the roof. I am responsible for doing whatever the fuck I like with it now that it's in my yard. I shoulda pushed the fucker onto the air conditioner.

They cover the roof, soffit/fascia, eaves-trough, and the damage inside the house.

The transmission is supposed to be covered by the auto insurance policy on my RACECAR.

I told the lady on the phone, I said it's a fuckin' racecar lady! She could not get her head wrapped around that fact. So I said fine, let's start a policy on it. It's a 79 Malibu. It has no seatbelts (5 points), no wipers, no parking brake. No exhaust. It does not meet federal or provincial emissions standards. It has a roll cage in it. And at that point, she stopped me and said oh, we can't insure that.

So I asked her. If my house burned down, with the car in the garage, I'd be on my own?

"Yup."

Real nice.

Just tryin to lighten up the situation. Posted Image SORRY. Aaron really, I know that you have had a really fucked up year or so. I feel really bad for you and you know if need someone to talk with I'd be there for you.