6.0 Injector Install

Rate this topic

Well I am well seasoned on the VT-365 in International chassis.And yes they also are miserable to work on in them.Anyways I just did a Set of Injectors in a 04 Ford Pickup.This was The first 6.0 in a Ford I have worked on... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif I think what really pissed me off the most about the job.Was having to hack 2 of my 3/8 drive Torx bits to do the pass side oil manifold and 5&7 inj.Oh yeah this will be worth a Laugh to all. while I was laying across the core support and Battery while working on the pass side.I feel this burning,And I mean really burning sensation in my crotch /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif .Well this was from a Rag I left on top of the Battery soaked with carb cleaner that I was cleaning out the Injector bores with.This shit soaked through My Pants and Set my Nuts On Fire!!,Which sent me flying into the house and into the shower.My wife found this very entertaining while I was In some serious Pain.So the whole ordeal did Not go that well. LOL..I think I will stick to Internationals you guys have my sympathies

If you think that is painful you haven't lost your balance while climbing around under the hood of a Superduty and hung yourself on the hood latch. I also slid right onto it hard /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby2.gif Now I cover the latch withfolded fender covers.

If you think that is painful you haven't lost your balance while climbing around under the hood of a Superduty and hung yourself on the hood latch. I also slid right onto it hard /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crybaby2.gif Now I cover the latch withfolded fender covers.

If I'm spending more than a few minutes I just unbolt the latch,take the silly wing thing and the powerstroke emblem off the shroud,and lay a moving blanket over the front.

These few steps make it so much more comfortable (notice I didn't say easier) when laying over the engine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by Torqed-Up:

If I'm spending more than a few minutes I just unbolt the latch,take the silly wing thing and the powerstroke emblem off the shroud,and lay a moving blanket over the front.

These few steps make it so much more comfortable (notice I didn't say easier) when laying over the engine. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hammer2.gif

I hear alot of good about topside creepers for Under hood jobs.But I have never used one yet myself.It seems they would limit alot to what you can do. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

I bought a topside creeper from Matco. It works great /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif . Some of the larger techs say they don't feel as comfortably balanced on it. I'm only about 145 so it doesn't bother me. But it does make my job much easier. My tool man even let me try it before I bought it.

Nearly $400 for an over the top creeper from MAC in Canada... I'd want to try before I buy but it would be silly for me to buy one, now... The other two diesel techs want the shop to buy one but that would just cause hard feelings.... the shop will NOT buy two...

For the pass side wave rail.... the T30 is available in 1/4 drive from many sources - the tool mongers only need to look a little harder. I also took a couple of fairly cheap Torx screwdrivers and bent them in the appropriate locations...

HTH.

Since I'm pretty tall, I take the front wheels off and drop the lower balljoints onto 4x4 blocks of wood. Brings the top of the grill down to waist height...

FYI. First of all I want to state that this is not an ad. There's a Motorcraft FAD on the East Coast Called B&I that sells Motorcraft to the Ford dealers in PA, NJ, DE, NY. They have a tool line with "Top Sider" creepers for under $300.00 It's the same creeper sold by the tool trucks. I turned one dealer on to them. He bought 2 for the shop. The Tech's fought over them...literally!

I thought this topic was about installing injectors! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif It's cool. Actually, I am getting interested in this topside creeper now. I bought a step from MAC tools thats about 18" high with a tool shelf mounted to the side. It's okay but I still need to pull myself up onto the trucks if I'm going in deep. It beats standing on bumpers which is neither safe for me or the owners paint or chrome. Good job posting links to all the on-line tool catalogs too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif Maybe we should start putting together our own directory of links.

Quote:
Check out RTTP
OVER ENGINE CREEPER TOPSIDER
REL6600
REL PRODUCTS INC.
$279.95
For those of you that work for dealerships that are CTP (Commercial Truck Parts) dealers, you can get the creeper above from your parts deaprtment.

Part # would be IREL6600 and they should be able to beet that price. If you are looking for stuff that you need try http://www.toolweb.com The CTP dealers can order straight through parts online and have it delivered right to the dealership. There are freight requirements though. One for UPS and one for commom carrier. Both freight policies work off of dollars purchased (dealers cost)

Tool Web Creeper