LCF DIAGNOSTICS

Rate this topic

SERVICE MANAGER HAS A CUSTOMER WITH A LOW CAB FORWARD THAT RUNS ROUGH AND WE DO NOT HAVE A MEDIUM DUTY CABLE DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY OTHER SCANNERS THAT WILL COMMUNICATE ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS!!!

I don't know of any other programs that can pull codes on that system, but I'm sure Bruce does. I know you can use MD truck to pull codes (only) on a Cummins equipped truck, but I only learned that by fluke, as we have scan tools for Cat, Cummins and IH.

BTW, these things are not really that user friendly to diagnose misfires, IMHO. You must have some type of "connection" to help diagnose the truck.

THANKS FOR THE REPLY TRIED PULLING CODES THRU INSTREMENT CLUSTER THERE WERE NO ACTIVE CODES AND 263 266 FLASHED AS INACTIVE CODES CONTACTED HOTLINE AND WAS ADVISED THEY WERE BULB CIRCUIT CHECK CODES SO THAT WAS NO HELP WAS HOPING TO GET SOME DRIVEABILITY CODES TO HAVE SOME SORT OF IDEA AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS GAVE S.M. # FOR NAV LINK CABLE IF HE WANTS IT FIXED WE WILL HAVE TO GET THE CABLE.

• 5 months later...

I'm in the same boat right now, I have a LCF out back that came in Monday with no power, wouldnt hardly move, I could mash the pedal and not hit 10mph, seems to have a slightly rough idle, and really struggled to start. No engine lights or any other lights, hooked up IDS just to find that it wont communicate, checked PTS and found tsb about needing Nav-Link cable at $800, manager says no way, we never work on those trucks, its just a truck passing through which broke down. Tried advising the customer to tow it to a dealer with proper equipment but he more or less said he rather gamble and let me do my best and order what I though would fix it. I need the work so I tried to check some basics on the thing. I will post a seperate topic about it so I dont hijack your topic, but I can say that I feel your pain, its a pain in the ass to diag something without the computer.