6.4 core list shortened

Rate this topic

I know everyone has most likely seen a busted up 6.4 by now, but this is our best yet. I thought I would share.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This truck came in for a radiator and the tech did the damage on his test drive afterwards.

You can scratch this one off of the list of reusable cores!!! Never in my career with Ford have I seen such a fragile and at the same time explosively violent powerplant.

Whatchu talkin bout willis, that's not un-usable. They'll jam a sleeve in it, new piston, straighten the rod up, good to go!

Might even be able to re-use those rings if you put 'em between the pages of a heavy book for a couple of days to straighten 'em out.

Each component is dipped in paint, then the entire assembly, AFTER all the hot parts (turbo, exhaust manifolds, up-pipes, etc.) to ensure a quality seal, as well as a quality rebuild by CIL.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, scratch another one off the list. Number 8 cylinder on one of our units we sold. I am predicting a 90% failure rate on all the 6.4's we've sold. Shouldn't be hard to achieve the way these things are crapping out.