'03 exh manifold leaks...p132b

Rate this topic

mornin'...got an '03 here with 160,000 miles with a reoccuring p132b code,found exhaust leak at #7 cylinder at exh manifold...funny thing is that the VGT learn pid reads yes with 27 learned events..

was wondering what y'alls opinion is on using exh manifold gaskets...i personally have never used 'em,figure they would come stock if they were that good...

i gave the customer the option of having them machined flat vs. replacing them,it may save him around $300,but i wanna do it right the first time,so i thought it would be a good post for debate...

seen a few come in with blown manifold gaskets in the past...

when i did mobile repair several years back the shop owner insisted i use that black sticky stuff on the mating surfaces of any and all manifolds,he was the boss,so i did and never had any returns from it,but wasn't sure about it nevertheless...

thanks for any opinions,greatly appreciated Posted Image

The 6.0l exhaust manifold gaskets are for service once the manifold has been removed. The 6.4 uses the same gasket but comes on them from the factory. I put them on all of them without any issues and we have some of the worst cases you will ever see. As noted in pic below.

Posted Image