Fluid in Turbo

Rate this topic

Has anybody seen this before?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is a new one for me. Seems like water, looks like fuel, can't determine where it came from, possibly out of the crankcase breather, but it seems dry.

The fresh air system was closed when the truck came in. It is a no start that I have narrowed down to the HPOP connector.

I have no idea what this will do upon startup.

Did it look like the compressor inlet tube had been recently removed? I am wondering if the owner tried some kind of homebrewed starting fluid. Have you narrowed down what the fluid actually is? From the pictures is looks like gold coolant but I cant think of any way it would get there.

Did it look like the compressor inlet tube had been recently removed? I am wondering if the owner tried some kind of homebrewed starting fluid. Have you narrowed down what the fluid actually is? From the pictures is looks like gold coolant but I cant think of any way it would get there.

Yeah I agree somebody may have had the Intake off and they were blasting it to death with WD-40 or something trying to get it to fire.Who knows they could have dumped a Cup of Fuel right into the Housing.I would think If it was coolant/oil mix it would be greyish/ black mush.and the Intake from the breather on in would be plasterd with it.?

The writer had spoke with one of the shops guys and they had no idea. They said they didn't use anything to try and start the truck.

The truck belongs to a very respected heavy equipment dealer, (it is one of their service trucks) so for now I am going to take them at their word, and see what happens when I fire it up.

I'll keep ya posted on what I find