P0069

Rate this topic

Alright guys I need some help. I have a 2006 f 350 that has been setting a p0069 for months now. The first few times it came in I was unable to duplicate any problems. It started coming back on a regular basis now about every 2000 to 3000 miles now. I have performed voltage drop tests on all the circuits for the baro and map sensors. Have inspected harnesses and connectors thoroughly. I have replaced the map sensor and the pcm due to a corroded pin in the pcm. It is still coming back with this code. Every time you monitor baro and map there is no correlation problems between them. Baro is at 14.35 psi and map is at 14.45 psi koeo and while running is basically the same. I have never seen a baro sensor fail on a 6.0 before but it is the last thing that I can think of. The sensors work proplerly everytime it shows up. Has anyone had any concerns with this code before. The truck is a landscape truck and has no add ons.

i had one that had a damaged turbine wheel, the peices that came off the turbine wheel bent the tips of the veins over just a little so that when the veins were completley closed there was no space at all between them.

do the egr air managment test, if at any time during the koer part of the test the ebp goes higher than spec that probly your problem.

I have performed every single possible test on this truck that I can think of and have found nothing. I have driven multiple times with no concerns. Like I said earlier it only happens every 2 to 3000 miles and runs fine until it happens. I put a baro sensor on it, cleaned the map hose out and the port as it was a little plugged but not fully. I had to let it go. Customer needed it for a job. We will see what happens.

The other diesel tech just had one toady p0069. I do not have too may details but he found the ebp reading 42 psi koeo. A new sensor fixed it up

Which sensor? EBP? Did it set a P0069 by itself or a P0470 also?

I'm still wonderein' 'bout that turbo. I've seen them cause some strange things. Next time it's in see if he wants to crack it open and have a look see. Even if turns out to be ok, probably could use a little cleaning anyway.Posted Image

Well if it comes back I guess I can tear the turbo down. I did not crack into it because I really feel that is not it. I have commanded the turbo fully closed with the egr closed and the max difference between map and baro was about .5 psi. According to the pced that is not enough of a difference to set that dtc. But if it does indeed come back I may just have to do that and inspect it.

Just from experience with these.....Landscaping truck....Excessive idling.....What do we see???? Runs to cold, excess soot and carbon build up in the Turbo, Intake, and EGR valve....Stuck/Sticking Unison ring. Bad jewjew.....Take a look....

On edit....

2 best things I can recommend....

1) Drive it hard and with a load.

2) Refer to number 1

Diesels are meant to be worked not driven like a family truckster minivan......