Is Conversion To A Single Mass Flywheel Possible?

Rate this topic

I have a 1993 F-Series 7.3L IDI here with a dual mass flywheel failure. Unfortunately, F7TZ-6477-BA is obsolete. Clutch kit available lists an F81Z-7L596-CA clutch kit available. Three questions. One, will this clutch kit work with both a dual mass flywheel or a conversion to a single mass flywheel? Is a single mass flywheel doable on this? If so, does someone have parts numbers for everything needed? Even an aftermarket flywheel prices out at $2500 which is rediculous. Thanks in advance.

Use a Luk, I've put a bunch in with great success. They have an engineering facility within walking distance of my shop, and we used to do all kinds of Beta installs for them.

Top stuff.

It's probably $700 for the whole kit- FW, clutch, bearings.

Good Luck!

Posted Image

I'll second that though I have never personally installed one. I have heard good things about the LUK single mass flywheel kits to retrofit the dial mass flywheels that were very problematic. I remember one customer that had two flywheels replaced... I recommended the LUK clutch on the third but he didn't go for it.