close call

Rate this topic

I first looked at that video after a long day, about 6 beers and a 4 hour NASCAR race. I thought that something may have been triggered by the guy who walked into the shop or when the tech walked under the truck. On further review this is not the case and even if either guy did something the truck should not have fallen off of the lift if it was set up correctly. I also have to wonder if that lift was rated for that much weight. In any event, the dude was fucking LUCKY because that truck landed right where he was crouched working on the floor... not paying any mind to the truck. By the time he would have realized something was happening it would have been too late.

Let this serve as a reminder that our profession comes with inherent dangers and many of them. For some of us we are our own biggest liability. Posted Image

Kinda reminds me of the incident that made bump caps "mandatory" in Alberta. Even though it is painfully obvious that a) -you can't cure stupid and B) - a bump cap wont quite fend off a falling Fiesta let alone a falling truck.

And that brings us to a disturbing realization. Is there really a need for a security camera in a service bay like that? Is there that much mistrust or is someone that power hungry or is there someone so afraid of litigation that we need Big Brother?

More disheartening is that this might have been staged (remember the snot in the pizza video?) "this customers a derp -let's have a akseedent".

<shakes head and mumbles something about being born 50 years too late>

After I watched it a few times, as the truck starts to fall at the 55sec mark to the 59sec mark something falls to the floor and comes to rest on the floor just in front of the pipe he was banging on. To me it looks remarkably like a 6in block of 2x4 wood....... THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!!!!!!

Just took a another look, yikes. This would never happen to me because I could never have worked in that bay, I wouldn't have any bolts to put back in the vehicle. I have a severe case of the droppsies, and that looks like a really big grate floor.

• 2 weeks later...