6.0 e350 vgt duty cycle at 15%

Rate this topic

i have a 06 6.0 van with vgt at 15% at idle and will not build boost till about 50 mph map 14 psi at idle maf at 22 g/s at idle ebp 16 with new sensor and connector after 5min of running the ebp goes to 22 psi never gets over 27 psi on cruise can comand vgt to 35% and the truck will build boost i know i am overlooking somthing simple an help the vgt will come off of 15% after about 35 -40-mph and make boost

I have an engine to install tommorrow after a 6.0L P.M. 150K miles both coolers, head gaskets, injectors and clean to turbo. I'll test fit the sensor. It will be good to know if it will fit.

Would you believe I have never encountered a stuck VGT on the fleet of ambulances that are serviced here? (We run these units to 350K). I have seen a lot of worn unison ring with a key hole instead of the slot. We also have EGR valves going for more than 100K. Most owners would say we over maintenance but break downs are not acceptable. Too much paper work!! We have a very aggressive P.M. program. Predictable time out of service and contained cost without a lot of surprises. Most owners and many business customers fail understand to power of Preventative Maintenance.