My bucket list....

Rate this topic

Jim Warman

Well, Saturday evening I got to cross an important milestone off my bucket list... the list of things for me to accomplish before I kick the bucket...

Y'know, I don't even recall adding this particular event/experience/happening to the list.... but, none-the-less, I can safely strike "get shot" from it....

Oh, yes... there I was at a friends house, minding my own business and taking a leak in his downstairs pisser... long story made short - he picked this particular time to move his pellet rifle away from the back door (he's having stray critter troubles). Naturally the weapon discharged and a .177 pellet went through the bathroom door and lodged deep in the back of my right knee.

I have an appointment with the orthopaedic surgeon in Edmonton tomorrow. I can wiggle the toes of my foot, but I cannot feel my foot.

Both of us have been around fire arms pretty much all of our lives and still - all it takes is one little lapse... remember... there is no such thing as an "empty" gun...

And oh - have they been having fun with this at work....

Posted ImagePosted Image Luckily it didn't hit you in the ole winker. Damn that's funny shit that there is, I don't care who you are. And at first I thought you you were gonna tell us something dirty such as getting it on in your work place with the Mrs on the bosses desk or something like that. But that is funny as hell.

Dwayne...Are you the one who shot him....? Posted Image

I use "my kids are sick" for getting a day off. Thats a little extreme Jim.

"he picked this particular time to move his pellet rifle away from the back door (he's having stray critter troubles). "

That's a good one, I will have to remember it for my next shooting. Posted Image

Well, this particular friend does a lot of catering.... I can't remember if I told everyone about one of his big gigs where three of us grilled nearly 1000 rib eye steaks for a raffle/party/dinner/dance... not to mention the corn, taters, dinner rolls and dessert. (A small due might be 300 people).

Anyway... he uses his Grammas recipe to make some "killer" Borscht. He'd made some on Saturday and I was over to gather up a couple of jars. I always told people he makes Borscht to die for and he took me literally.

Not to worry, though... at least my leg was there to keep the pellet from damaging the toilet....

I just got back from Edmonton and I'm told that the pellet will be taken out before next week ends and I wont have to worry about any lengthy convalescence...

I did get to see some really cute nurses (just about made the trip worthwhile) and we all shared a chuckle over my adventure...