What's on your DVR?

Rate this topic

GregH

We all watch TV to some extent or another. Some weeks I only watch a few minutes of CNN in the morning - the rest of my time is taken up. Other weeks, I watch an hour or so before bed...

But, having just finished the Corner Gas series, and considering it to be one of the top 10 shows I'd seen, what do you consider to be a TV show and/or movie that is worth your time?

One of my favorites is the Firefly series. Scifi meets western. Likable characters that I can empathize with, interesting plots, overall story arc. Joss Whedon has done some pretty cool stuff (Dollhouse, Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Too bad the series was canceled so soon.

How 'bout you?

I'm a history/discovery/animal planet buff. I don't watch a lot of the reality shows but 2 of my favorites are Man vs Wild and River Monsters. As for documentary types I watch the universe and planet earth whenever they're on. I like all those crime solving forensic shows too.

I do sitcom reruns too. Seinfeld and married with children are 2 shows I could never see enough of

Uh let's see, let me knock the dust off the remote, oh yeah the DVR cue has.....the winter X-games. I use to watch a shit load of tv and lost track of all the movies I have seen. As I have gotten older, I have developed a case of can't-sit-stillitas. Unless my eyes are closed and snoring, I can't sit still long enough to make it through a show or movie. Unless it's a block buster.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't have one. But I do have a copy of Phineas and Ferb in my DVD player and Spongebob Squarepants in the VCR....

Posted Image I didn't want to be the first to put that out there. To mine you can add Barbie and anything princess related.

Originally Posted By: lmorris
Don't have one. But I do have a copy of Phineas and Ferb in my DVD player and Spongebob Squarepants in the VCR....

Posted Image I didn't want to be the first to put that out there. To mine you can add Barbie and anything princess related.

Well, one's priorities do change when you have kids.

Originally Posted By: lmorris

Toy Story, Mighty Machines, Mickey Mouse. Cannot remember the last time my wife and I actually watched one of our movies !

Don't even have "tv" here, just watch movies and shows online(my boys love watching Shark Tale, Indiana Jones, Twister, Independence Day, Shrek, Toy Story, etc. They're 8 and 7.)

I just can't see paying $100/month for cable or satelite when there's NEVER anything good on when I want to watch.

I've become much more productive around the house and spend more quality time with the kids since we decided to get rid of it!!