'94 E350 ABS

Rate this topic

When replacing the ABS hydraulic unit a 'bleeder box' is needed to bleed the brake system. is there any way to bleed this system without this bleeder box? will manually bleeding it like a normal brake system at each wheel work?

No, you need away to activate the solenoids in the unit to bleed it properly. If need be and you are really stuck, bleed the system, drive it and try to get the ABS to work a few times then bleed it again.

Quote:
'bleeder box'

Is that fancy talk for an NGS tester?

From the '94 WSM (color added)

Anti-Lock Brake System Bleeding

SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL(S) REQUIRED Description Tool Number

Anti-Lock Brake Adapter (Bleeder Box) T90P-50-ALA

Anti-Lock Brake Adapter (Jumper Cable) T93T-50-ALA

EEC-IV Breakout Box T83L-50-EEC-IV

Posted Image

I'm not doing it, it's a friend of mine that's got his own shop. I'm not sure my dealership would have the adapter cable?! but then again, the guys there told me "we don't have those tools, we just do it like this" and then I went in the tool room and found a whole bunch of tools that are brand new in their boxes never been touched because "we don't have those tools, we just do it like this" and everyone's too lazy to find the right stuff to do it.

Remember when the Escape Hybrid came out and they sent the Vacula pressure bleeder to all the dealers? That thing sat in the corner hidden out of sight for years. I found it one day and starting using it and it was in pristine condition. I did all my brake jobs with it and turned bleeding brakes into a one man operation. I kept that thing hidden like flowers in the attic, because I knew it would be trashed as soon as it got into the hands of the other "techs". Well it's in the shop rotation and everybody has got their grubby hands on it and it's a pile a junk now.

And YOU and your management LET that happen. Posted Image

As a coincidence I have a 1995 bus getting a reman EHCU on Monday. I am glad we still have a working NGS tucked away. I saw it in use the other day and almost forgot about it. Thanx for the reminder Brad. Posted Image

And YOU and your management LET that happen. Posted Image

Awwww.... c'mon, Kieth. Keeping anything in decent shape/closed/open/turned on/turned off/full/empty or what have you is impossible for any one individual to police. I can't speak every shop but I am sure that every last one of you has "Not Me" on the payroll. I've been after management to can his ass for a long, long time but he is everywhere and he is nowhere.

The drum of 0W30 is empty - who was the guy that emptied it? Yep - "Not Me". Who left the compressors turned on all weekend? "Not Me". Who used the lastof the toilet paper and left you too find out AFTER IT'S TOO LATE? Oh yeah, your best buddy, "Not Me".

This kind of disrespect happens constantly - yet not one person in the store did it. Well, I might be wrong because everyone tells me that"Not Me" did it.

Trying to stay on topic... We have a working NGS, a WDS I can press back into service with little preparation... a SuperStarII tester (I still get saddled with the odd Town Car air suspension... more on that in another thread) - and this is our "newer" tools Posted Image

I wuz razzin Brad... Posted Image

I am sure we have all been "Not Me" at one time in our lives for one reason or another. I'll admit to it.

Now, a Super Star Tester II is something I haven't seen in YEARS! I think the last time I actually used one I was setting a FIPL switch on a 7.3L IDI with an E4OD transmission or was that an NGS. Awwwwwww crap! I cant remember. Posted Image

Could we technically consider the Star tester a museum piece now? Posted Image

Actually, your razzin' fit in too good with another different thread to pass up...

Phuque.... now it's starting to look like I have an agenda...

My wife has, at various times, called me a "perfectionist". A misnomer if there ever was one.... Perfection is a rare and wonderful thing... mostly unattainable but sometimes easily missed. Me? I'm fussy with aspirations to perfection, smart enough to know I will never be perfect, anal enough to be pissed about it.

Ohhhh, if you could see the world through my eyes....

Our shop is definitely a museum. We have two Super Star II testers, not one but TWO EEC IV monitors!!!!! Carb choke testers, MECS cables for the NGS, two NGS'. A WDS loaded with Windows '98. We had a SBDS but some asshole sold it on fleabay.

(my automatic spell check is going ape shit right about now)

Ohhh crap! I have an E350 with 4WABS that I just put an EHCU in... and I don't have a NGS Blue Service card. I also cant find our 007-00103 Break Out Box Adaptor... If I had that I could command the pump motor on and open the valves. You should see the response I got from the Hot Line. Not sure what to think about that.