edge cts monitor

Rate this topic

Does anybody have any experience with the edge cts monitor. I have been looking into gauges for my 06' superduty. I dont want any tuning or horsepower gains just engine monitoring. I liked the cts so far because you can add your own sensors(I was thinking fuel pressure at each head, to avoid any injector damage), and you can get it with out any tunes for what a good set of gauges would cost. Have been looking into monitoring because I dont trust the gauges in the instrument cluster, not to mention they give very very limited info. Although I dont run any power adders I do use my diesel pick-up for what it is meant to be. . . pulling heavy trailers. Thanks for the input guys.

Where did you read that it supports anything other than add-on EGT's? Last I knew EGT sensors were the only external non-factory inputs supported. If it does support pressure transducers now, it might be worth it. If not it seems like it's overpriced if all your going to do with it is monitor functions through the OBD port. Scangauge II does that for $170. It doesnt look as pretty but it does give you the ability to code in sensors that arent normally supported through generic OBDII.

They have a system that allows you to daisy chain in several egt sensors if you want or other pressure and temperature sensors, you can also hook in a camera if you like. each chain can support two sensors or 1 pyrometer probe. They have a program you download where you can label and calibrate the sensors however you like. Looks like a pretty nice set up, but a bit pricey.

• 1 month later...

I've been looking into edge monitors lately too. The two I'm looking at are the Insight CS or CTS. The primary difference between the 2 is the screen size and cost. CTS has a touch screen and can add a back up camera like you said.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/edgeproductInsightCSCTS.aspx

From what i've been reading on other message boards each unit(with the lastest software installed) can read valuable pids like ficm voltages and ICP. They're supposedly expanding their pid list frequently. another future possibility is a stand alone fuel pressure sending unit which i'd be very interested in

I'll probably go with the CS and a pyrometer

The add ons and all the possible pids and add your own extra sensors is what really got me interested. I definitely am adding the pyro and pressure sensor if it will work for fuel pressure. I am also considering the turbo timer. I am on a volunteer fire dept. since it is my primary truck, it is often what I am driving to get to the hall or a fire in a hurry and hate to shut it down right after hammering on it to get there.

yeah I always let mine idle for about a minute after coming to a stop, running it hard I'll let go a little longer. A pyro would be nice so you know you're not wasting fuel letting it cool down. I read that 400° or a little less is what most guys want for shutdown.

I would love to see a fuel pressure sensor compatible with the edge.

I am gonna call and talk to edge and get some questions answered on what the sensors will work with and what all you can do with it. will post what I find out