7.3 injector harness connector

Rate this topic

i need to know if anyone has run into this. i repalced the glow plugs, all 4 glow plug/injector harness's and valve cover gaskets because the covers and connectors were melted and 5 glow plugs were faulty. i need to replace two of the harness side connectors for the valve covers becuase they melted. all parts could get me was the connector hard shell repair kits, meaning no wires. we do not have the individual wires to slide in the connectors. does now what i can do. do they sell a pig tail for the valve cover harness. does anyone know if they make individual wires for this. any help would be great. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

That 9A451 harness is around $500.00 bucks too! What really sucks is when you put all the new parts on and another glow-plug shorts out & kills the new harness. Been ther, done that...

I'll NEVER put less than 8 glow plugs in if I have to replace the 9A451 harness...too much risk! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hitthefan.gif

I have a couple numbers written down from when I worked on IH's, I know they were a terminal repair kit for the VC connector, but not sure which is what anymore.

1830829C91 - Terminal kit

1661875C1 - Pin kit

2501055C1 - Pin kit

I have a couple numbers written down from when I worked on IH's, I know they were a terminal repair kit for the VC connector, but not sure which is what anymore.

1830829C91 - Terminal kit

1661875C1 - Pin kit

2501055C1 - Pin kit

Good info! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rockon.gif

I have always replaced the harness too. I now have several pigtails of good VC connectors laying around. ANYTIME you replace a harness try to keep it and cut all of the connectors off with 5 or 6 inches of wiring. I have a nice collection in a couple of boxes that every once and a while saves somebody's ass. Sometimes I only need a single pin from a connector. It may be a different color but it's the right pin.

i was able to get a package of ten terminal wires from a local navistar/international dealer but the part number was blacked out with permenant marker. it was fresh to, i could smell it had just been blacked out. i guess the dealer didn't want the part # out there. seems a bit strange to try and keep that a secret, like cloak and dagger or something. oh well, i 'm sure that the part # was posted already. thanks for the help. and remember.......don't go spreading international part #'s around.....somebody may be watching /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/poke.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to thank Larry for posting the info on the connectors from Summit. After seeing it I had the parts dept. order one of each connector to see what it would look like. They showed up yesterday and look good. I now have my own harness test jumpers for cheap(the 5 pin is $80 on RTTP) and the parts dept. has decided to stock a few of each. Thanks again, Larry.

• 8 years later...

I was looking for the 9 pin pigtail the other week because someone from a previous repair had broke the connector. I ended up robbing the connector body from a dorman connector that I got for another shop. Well I discovered today that Motorcraft has a pigtail WPT-886 (7U2Z-14S411-AA)

I'd like to thank Larry for posting the info on the connectors from Summit. After seeing it I had the parts dept. order one of each connector to see what it would look like. They showed up yesterday and look good. I now have my own harness test jumpers for cheap(the 5 pin is $80 on RTTP) and the parts dept. has decided to stock a few of each. Thanks again, Larry.

That's not a bad Idea. I have a set of 4 sitting on the shelf in the basement for a truck I no longer own. I think I'm gonna have to do that.

Oh and I got mine off of Ebay many moons ago.