100 Gallons of Gas!

Rate this topic

What would you do? A 2005 F650 w/CAT engine gets towed in with 100 gallons of fresh gas in the tanks. Gas? Ohhh no!

Quote:
"I got fuel and drove down the road and the truck started bucking and then it died. I think I put gasoline in it by mistake."

You THINK?

"Well yeah."

Sir, you put the wrong fuel in the truck.

"That's what I am telling you!!!"

So, why did you tow it here? The service Advisor you spoke to told you that we could not handle this situation and recommended that you tow it back up the street to where they pumped the fuel into it. Have THEM drain it. We do not have the means to remove store and dispose of the fuel. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

"Yeah but you are a dealer and you fix these trucks. Don't you service CAT engines?"

Sir, this is neither a Ford or Caterpillar concern.

"But this is where we bought the truck!"

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banghead.gif

The Service Manager said no. We are not going to handle the fuel. We are not going to be liable for any damage you likely have caused to your CAT engine. If there is any damage to the engine, we really can't repair it here as we are not a level-1 Cat dealer. If I were you I would call a CAT service center and ask their advice or tow it to them. There is one not too far from here that services highway trucks. Would you like us to call the tow truck back here?

"I'll call my Boss." (he then disappears never to be seen again)

At some point I would expect to hear of a call from FORD customer service. They will back just about ANY asshole that calls them. With all due respect, warranty does NOT cover stupidity! I can't wait to see what happens next. Do you think he scuffed his injectors up too? Will the gasoline sitting in his fuel system have any effect on the seals? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Tune in next week...

vw owners are great for that one.

gee why did my old dodge run real great all the time 90% gas 10% diesel. it did smoke a litte but it sure ran,

the diesel car it self suffered no problems. after i cleaned the tank lines and filter out . they always fired right up.

We had one of these 'Rocket scientists' do this but they drained and flushed the system and then had it towed here for a no-start. Still under warranty, We tore it down asked them what really happened and were told it just quit. Had a Cat rep. come down to look at it. Piston 2,3,4 blown to pieces. They took the scrap back with them did a closer inspection and promptly denied the claim,(go figure)When will people learn?

• 4 months later...