The last pcm flash recall....

Rate this topic

seems to be saving a few 6.4 motors in my area. I have had about 3 come in last week all with the mil on. Other than the "idiot" light illuminated, the owners had no clue there was a problem. One had the code for oil overfull, drained about 40 quarts out. The other 2 had code for low coolant flow. Both of those had popped radiators. I am collecting a lot of extra radiator hose clips with the radiator leak tsb Posted Image.

All 3 trucks were work trucks and have the ol "take care of your equipment, it earns your paycheck" stickers on them. I tell ya none of them trucks have had the hood popped in a long time. Whatever happened to doing a pre-trip inspection?

Pre trip inspection? Don't you realize how much time it takes to actually walk all the way aroud a truck?

Whether it is a "funny" noise ("funny" like in "oh, my" - not like in "ha-ha") or objects or liquids dragging or falling onto the ground, there is one cardinal rule..... if it will still move - drive it. After all, if it was really broken it wouldn't start let alone move - right?

It's like that stupid "low tire" message... That really pisses folks off. All they want to do is drive the block and a half to the Kwikee Mart and they see this "low tire" warning on the dash. This damned electronic shit is too complex - you'd think somebody would write a book to explain some of this shit to ya..... anyway, I got this "low tire" thing flashing in my face - now I gotta go to the dealer to find out what it means. Whaddaya mean "low tire" - they're still round!!!!

If you ask me, they should get rid of that uselsess shit and make the system so it tells you when the tire is flat. If the rim isn't touching the ground, the car can still move - and we all know what that means.

Pre trip inspection? Brad... all you want is for me to find something wrong so you can fix it and make money. Well, buddy, I'm gonna fool you - I ain't gonna look for anything wrong. HA! Take THAT.

A code? Like a BA666:28 ? If you get one of these in the body control module you are to inspect for paint blemishes in the left front fender? (a BA666:29 would be the right front fender - thank God for bitmapped codes).

The world is on it's way to being totally fucked and the internet is simply adding speed.

Customers will always have queer ideas (no, not Micheal Jackson kinda queer). Many techs will do things to reinforce these queer ideas - and they'll tell two friends and they'll tell two friends and they'll......

Besides... you aren't supposed to be looking for "concensus", you are supposed to be looking for a way to sneak your mods past the stupid stealership monkey.

Our 6.4 at the mountain gets worked pretty hard. Unfortunately no one knows how senitive this motor is. Came in the other day for mil and had p0304. All you can do with Blue Point scan tool is pull code. So sent out for injector replacement under warranty. Im trying to convince the powers that be, that Napa filters are garbage and will destroy this motor. But they like cheap around here.

Why in Gods name would a ski resort buy a diesel powered pickup? Posted Image There are way too many hired hands driving these things and trying to make a desicion on what fuel to put in what truck can go south real quick. Posted Image

On a positive note, I think your sig has out done Captain Obvious! Posted Image

Has anybody else been having complaints of "my truck doesnt regen any more", since the last flash? I have had 3 this week. The one I scanned today showed dist regen request as 897km and dist regn complete as 894km. Tailpipe was clean.DPF showed part loaded. I thought those #s are pretty stellar? The dash showed avg evonomy as 16L/100km,(17-18 mpg) which I thought was also decent for one of these.

Had another one today. On the bright side most of them seem to be getting decent fuel economy since the 11b23 flash. Not sure if they changed any dpf operation or found a way to make them run cleaner. Could be 5 or 6 months of summer fuel as well....

A few of the one Ive had are older guys. (that dont like change) Others just feel the need to complain about something...

Yeah that is a common thing you will see on the public forums. Guys pissin and moaning about what they DON'T like regardless of the improvements and the safeguards the newest calibrations bring. Then there is the "big brother" aspect of the complaining. It gives some of these peeps something to talk about... like their Blackstone reports. Posted Image

I responded to a guy over at the monkey house that stated he had declined the reflash and said the dealer would clear it from the "system" so it would look like it was done. I called him on it and stated that would be fraud on both his part and the dealership's part. His tune changed.

How much do you want to bet that at some time this is going to happen somewhere? An engine that was supposedly reprogrammed under 11B23 with 24 quarts in the crankcase and melted pistons or glazed cylinders. Unfortunately we all know that Ford rarely walks the talk.

It just seems so idiotic for a truck owner that cares about his vehicle to act this way. The new program is one of the best I have seen. Once it's explained that it can save the engine and then the guy still declines to do it, well that is just lunacy. I've talked to 3 customers in the month of September and told them that the pesky mil turned out to be 1 step away from catastrophic failure. They were all glad that senario was avoided.

Bingo! But these clowns on the popular forums either know too much (more than us or FMC) are listening to the wrong people or are just to stupid to know any better. I think this is where to some degree Ford and (us) at the dealers are failing to communicate these things with our customers.