The last pcm flash recall....

Rate this topic

I responded to a guy over at the monkey house that stated he had declined the reflash and said the dealer would clear it from the "system" so it would look like it was done. I called him on it and stated that would be fraud on both his part and the dealership's part. His tune changed.

How much do you want to bet that at some time this is going to happen somewhere? An engine that was supposedly reprogrammed under 11B23 with 24 quarts in the crankcase and melted pistons or glazed cylinders. Unfortunately we all know that Ford rarely walks the talk.

And how many coolant leaks is this thing going to have before someone realizes that maybe they need to check the thermostats? The new TSB eliminates thermostat inspection because the new calibration is supposed to catch it before is causes the leak.

I have one that just came in with a hard misfire and the typical skip in compression when cranking. The 11b23 was done about a month ago and I heard the tell tale noisy rocker arms and said to myself, "boy that sounds great lets take bets on how long that lasts" So now its here with a dead miss and I dont hear that pesky rocker rattle as now its probably dead. The force limit power is alot different then it used to be on the old cal. It has just enough power to get rolling but wont drive more then 20mph.

I would say thats some pretty good timing myself! I got to pawn that puppy off! Only reason I got it in the first place is a "claimed" recheck. I love how the force limit power warning is the new check engine light! Everytime it comes on its the same story! "I just had it in for that" They forget there are a shit ton of things that can cause that warning. With this vehicle the first time I had it the DPF was plugged solid from the driver not finishing the regen cycle. Now its a misfire. Yep thats a recheck alright!

The new calibration also catches low coolant. I had a couple with leaking radiator hoses that set the check engine light.

I have had two trucks now that have had a rad leak or a hose leak with low coolant and no complaint. Does it set a code or just reduce power or both.