Guess the miles.....

Rate this topic

Fredsvt

This beast is a 1999.

Some pics are attached.

It's a horse farm truck, bought new. Routinely, still, pulls a tri-axle horse trailer. It's had more drivers than a Vegas hooker. And she's spent so much more money on it because of that.

It grooms the track at the woman's farm, driven by the Mexicans who love to stomp the brake pulling the chains and wood while moving at 40 mph grooming her horse track. The "texture" paint on the front fenders, broken windshield(s) and missing mirrors are a direct result.

It's had 1 trans, a rear and 1 set of injectors, 1 turbo on an otherwise unopened 7.3. It's never leaked ANY oil, and only uses oil when the dust from the horse track plugs the air filter solid.

I still remember the Ford commercial with Bill Ford saying he wanted to see "worked" beat up F-Series, think it's beat up enough? Care to guess the mileage? I'll reveal that and how many miles the second trans has on it, if I get a few guesses.

Buddy's the closest, it's got 435,660 miles on it. The body looked like this by the time it had 150k on it. NJ really needs to do roadside and bring back safety inspections, she's got it registered over 10k, so "self-inspect" for her.

Trans has 325,000 on it, as the first grenaded a converter at 110k.

I can't tell you the number of front end parts, especially when one goes out to the Poconos, and loses a wheel bearing and drives it back at 75 mph!?!? Keith posted a great pic a while back, this truck looked the same.

The poor beast has been a true beast of burden for this woman. I'd guess it's got an easy 100k just from grooming the track. The hitch ball she's got in the receiver is nearly cut in half from the chains hanging on it. The tri-axle is a goose neck.

As an aside, she's bought the following to go with it:

2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins, been through 3 engines, now heading for its fourth. Thrown 1 rod and broke one crank and took out the block on another, the current is drinking oil at a considerable rate, again. This engine had no oil pressure indicated when she drove it off the lot after engine 2. Back it went. All warranty as its got 95k on it.

Two Dodge gas engine 2500s, both have lost water pumps, either plastic impeller blow ups or bearing destruction. Both have lost two engines each. Again, each truck was under 70k.

And the bodies on the Dodges are quickly catching up to this one.

Just imagine, if you're a race horse owner, and this thing, with a trailer that looks as bad, pulls up with your prized money winner in it. UGH!

Thanks for putting the pics with the post, I still haven't figured that out yet. Posted Image

I cannot believe that thing doesn't leak oil.

But my eyes do not decieve me. And if I had to guess, the amount of dust thrown around that thing would turn any film of oil into some sort of irremovable paste.

Actually, he did post the truck on here before, I remembered it was in the 400k mile range because there isn't many vehicles around here that I hear of hitting that high, so thats how I came to my milage guess Posted Image

Yes, it does turn oil leakage into that lovely rust resistant paste. The oil pan has NO rust on it at all. If you think underneath looks nasty, dirt wise, it looks even better under the hood. That track sand will get everywhere.

Last winter, the oil cooler header orings failed and it was pouring oil. Needed a Tyvek suit to work on it.

This truck's been all over the northeast and as far as Chicago from what I've been told.

I probably did post it here before. It's sad, but quite impressive it keeps going considering the abuse. And they keep finding new ways to add to the body damage.

You should hear the comments parts drivers, other customers and any visitor to the shop makes when they see it the first time. There's not a single body panel that doesn't have damage. And the interior rates right up there with the outside, and the flies..... Yuck.