Reviva engines

Rate this topic

Anybody ever dealt with one of these? They are out of Minneapolis Minesota (according to the stickers). Customer brought me a 6.0l built by these guys to put in their 03 f550.(That they bought thru Napa) Got it all in and buttoned up today, and voila, it wont start. Doesnt build ICP. (only 200 psi ish) So, back apart it comes, they forgot to put orings in the stc fittings on the hp flex hoses. I phoned the customer and told him, he says, well fuck, I wonder what the rest of the engine is like? Worst part is our engine was only $1200 more. At least he supplied the engine so it is all customer pay.

One of the best arguments against installing customer supplied parts.....

Back in the 80's, when I first ventured out "on my own", I was hungry - almost anything for a buck.... A customer brought me a truck and an auto wrecker engine. He asked what my warranty was and I replied with what was then the industry norm..... 90 days/12,000 miles or some such. He replied "Good, we'll find out how good your warranty is". "'Scuse me", sez I, "That is YOUR motor... all I have to guarrantee is that the bolts are tight".

I delt with them when I was at a dealer but mainly cummins engines. They where not known to be shipped with all the parts on them in working order to say the least

reviva engines equal junk! I put a 7.3 reviva in for a guy, it started but made it 18 months and locked up tight with a piston sideways in the cylinder. I just replaced a reviva with a reviva in a package car at the cummins dealer I now work at. Tried to start it and no oil pressure. check everything out and finally had to pull the front cover and replace the oil pump. Put in a cummins oil pump and boom has oil pressure. get it running and has a terrible tick sound in the overhead valve adjustment way off. the reviva i pulled out had been in for a year before it locked up with a piston sideways and cylinder blown to pieces. I would definitly stay far far away from anything with a reviva sticker on it.

Well its up and running, luckily that was the only problem with it.(so far?) Not sure why but it is the quietest running 6l I have ever heard. Runs smooth and makes good power, just very very quiet at idle.

ICP sensor makes total sense Brad, Now that you mention that, I have seen a few before like that. This is a strange, almost eerie quiet. ICP sensor came with the engine, I would hope it was new, but hard to tell as it was painted over. The one in the engine I removed was puking all over the back of the engine and trans. If I remember right the the koeo icp v was .22v. I beleieve that is very close to normal? EGR valve was definatly functioning correctly.

I also have had many biased ICP sensors over the years. I recall two that had the proper KOEO voltage. If you look at ICP, ICP Desired, LOAD and IPR closely you can discover this scenario... or you could spin in a known good sensor too.