Adding Upfitter Switches

Rate this topic

What you originally couldn't add if you didn't order them from the factory you can now on 2005 Super Duty's and up. This is that bank of switches mounted in the dash for customers and upfitters to hardwire accessories and equipment to.

You will need the following parts:

• Switch assembly: 5C3Z-13D730-AAA
  • Harness: 5C3Z-14A303-AA
  • Storage bin for trucks without TBC: 5C3Z-2513546C-AA

This equipment should take less than an hour to install as it is all factory stuff and the harness apparently plugs into the back of the Central Junction Box. I like these switches and I can't think for the life of me understand why Ford didn't come up with this YEARS ago. Perhaps I'll add the info in an upcoming article on Fuse Box Problems.

:poke:  I would like to credit Dale_Lakin for the information who posted this over on TDS... but not here? :shrug:

• 1 year later...

right on keith.it is one of the best things ford has added in years. esp. the added pass though wires under the hood and under the dash,

it would also help to have as to where the stubs are and what color does what and which switch has the 30 amp and 10 amp circuits .

• 2 weeks later...