Tim Horton's owners punted for poor ethics.

Rate this topic

lmorris

Here in Leduc there are 3 Tim Horton's co-owned by 3 people. Most of the employees are Filipino. Very nice people and very hard workers. Problem is the owners got busted for very low wages, 2-3 bucks an hour, and double shifting them, 8 hours at one store then another 8 at another store on the same day.

• 1 month later...

I know of a couple of Phillipino "businessmen" who make very good money importing these workers. These poor imported bastards wind up owing their soul to their sponsors who charge dearly for their services, billet some of these folks like cordwood and generally take advantage of them any way they can.

I'm pretty sure that a Philipinos worst enemy is another Philipino. Sad.

I'm pretty sure that a Philipinos worst enemy is another Philipino. Sad.

Maybe but there seems to be a lot of this kind of thing happening in all of Asia and it is not new by any means. As for Filipinos, my wife is 1/2 Filipino and my best friend's wife is from the Filipinos. Between church and the labyrinth of friendships these are some of the most decent people I have had the pleasure of knowing. It is sad to see any group of people being taken advantage of as I am sure that their lives must have been so bad that where they are now is an acceptable alternative. Sad. Yes it is, especially in this day and age.

Not knocking your statement Jim. I have made similar observations. And ironically, people who come from the Phillipine islands are "Filipinos." (spelled with an F) If I remember I will ask my Mother in law what that is all about. Funny how I never thought to ask before as this is for sure an oddity.