WTB 2003 6.0 turbo pedestal

Matt Saunoras

mike I'd offer to buy just the pedestal off of you but shipping would probably be astronomical coming into the states.

I might have one spoken for anyways, I will let you know. A guy on the org tried to jack me around on the price until I told him nevermind, I'm not interested. Then his tone changed a little.

What is with all the hype about installing '03 turbos onto newer trucks anyways? Is there any benefits to performance, or is it really just for the whistle that I keep reading about? Personally, I don't think any '03 truck whistles any louder than the '04 and up trucks.

Well the compressor wheel is definitely larger so it should net a small increase in power. From what I've read it has a little different power curve, more low end per say.

The main reason these things are desirable is the sound but you need to have a straight pipe or atleast a catback exhaust to really notice it. I agree, stock for stock you'd never know the difference, but don't 03s have an extra little muffler behind the downpipe?

I will find out for sure though. If I hadn't stumbled across a good core turbo I wouldn't even consider it.

The early turbos had that low whooooooo sound at lower RPM's. If my memory serves me correctly the turbo was modified by adding or removing one fin on the compressor and a silencer ring was added to the inlet. I cannot find any specific documentation to back this up other than the 2004 Running Changes Coffee Table Book that lists "Improved Turbocharger Sound Characteristics."

Thats prety cheap for a used unit, considering the remans are well over 2g again!

Really? We're selling the remans for about 1500 bucks.