Cummins And Warranty

Rate this topic

Keith Browning

For anyone who knows...

I assume that any warranty claims on Cummins engines is strictly through Cummins - Correct? A Ford truck with a Cummins diesel can have the engine repaired under warranty at any Cummins service facility - correct?

Yup. Which is a good thing, because if you think Ford warranty times are bad, you should see the Cummins times! We basically do only light repairs here, engine failures and such get sent to Cummins.

Yep cummins claims get processed through RapidServe if its anything related to the engine. The transmission claims are through allison and body/chassis concerns are Ford.

Alex is correct in stating you get a dry ass raping by Rapidserve when processing those claims. they basically dictate to you want you will and will not repair along with how much they will pay you.

I was supposed to start Cummins training, as our Cummins guy got a job with the city. Unfortunately, I have been off work since Christmas, so one of the other tech's got nominated !

Bacterial Meningitis. Slow road to recovery, lost almost all my hearing as a result. Thankfully I work for a great dealer, with great benefits. I literally had to put my life in a 6.0 ambulance, thankfully it didn't break down !!