Buzzing noise after shutting off engine.

Rate this topic

What is the buzzing noise that occurs about 30 seconds after shutting the engine off? I was thinking maybe a coolant pump, but theese things don't have coolant pumps.

The only thing that I know of that waits 30 seconds after key off to do anything is the EGR cooler bypass valve vacuum actuator solenoid.

I've had it once. Replacing the waste-gate control actuator fixed it.

The solinoid on the left side of the engine, right under the throtle body? That's what I ordered.

FWIW, the one I did also had a waste-gate related DTC. P1248 I think. I'd look it up to double check, but I can't access service publications on my home computer (from what I understand, I'm not the only one running Windows 7 and IE 9 having this problem (hint!)).

FWIW, the one I did also had a waste-gate related DTC. P1248 I think. I'd look it up to double check, but I can't access service publications on my home computer (from what I understand, I'm not the only one running Windows 7 and IE 9 having this problem (hint!)).

Go HERE and follow the instructions, this should solve your concern with viewing PTS in IE9.

Wicked awesome!

Posted Image

We recently had a whole batch of computers replaced, and new ones installed in the shop(we're converting to Electronic RO's), and I being the techie that I am got the assignment of making them all work with PTS since they all are windows 7/IE 9.

Just had to order one, what a pain. Had to look in the WSM for basic because the damn parts catalog descriptions are shit. Its a 9E882 BTW.